FOOD IN TRANSITION: TOWARDS A RESEARCH AND POLICY AGENDA
A collaborative workshop of the Transition Research Network, Essex Sustainability Institute, Participatory and Rural Geographies Research Groups.
University of Essex, Wivenhoe Park, Colchester CO4 3SQ, Essex
Wed 6th Feb 2013, 12 noon – 6pm (followed by dinner)
- Working or seeking to work, on local food initiatives where you live?
- A grower or producer who supplies, or would like to supply locally, and support the work of community food initiatives?
- Involved in academic research on local food systems, and seeking to maximise its practical value by collaborating directly with community groups, growers and producers?
If so, please join us and help develop a new agenda for local food practice, research and policy. We will use inclusive facilitation techniques to ensure the meeting is dynamic and makes the most of what all participants have to offer. The event is open to everyone interested in contributing to this theme. Attendance is free but by registration only. Travel and accommodation support is are available and will be allocated based on income and a simple email application.
Please spread the word, and feel free to circulate the attached flier.
For registration and bursary applications: Send an email to Prof. Steffen Boehm (steffen at essex.ac.uk) by 21st December 2012 with:
- Your name and location
- The name of the initiative you wish to represent (where relevant)
- A few lines to tell us about your key relevant experience and why you wish to attend
- An indication of whether you would like to apply for a travel bursary to enable you to attend.
We will then get back to you with a link to our registration page. The deadline for registration is 14th January 2012.
The Transition Research Network is a self-organising group of academics and community activists. See: www.transitionresearchnetwork.org